That is an idea that I had for some time in my head, but never tried it. Yesterday I was thinking about what project to do next and I remembered that I wanted to try this. So I said to myself, why not try it right now.
The “One Stroke Technique” is a double loading technique that consists of loading a brush with two separate colors.
This is an example of the one stroke technique (in painting).
And now my interpretation in polymer clay of the one stroke technique:
Materials and tools used: white Fimo Professional polymer clay, dark pink polymer clay, light pink polymer clay, blue polymer clay, alcohol inks, a pasta machine, a toothpick, a round cutter, a texture sheet, a flower cutter, varnish.
I have conditioned the polymer clay.
I have cut the shapes (finally I decided not to use the petal shape – I always change my mind several times while making a project).
I have textured the back using the texture plate.
I have texture the front a little bit with a brush.
I have started working with the pink polymer clay. I have conditioned both colors and then put them through the pasta machine (first the lighter one, then the darker). I have put them next to each other, overlapping slightly in the middle. I pressed gently on the middle line and then I put them in the pasta machine.
I have rolled them through the pasta machine several times.
Then I have folded the sheet from one side to the other (three folds I think for this length).
I have folded it in two and rolled it into a log again.
I kept on rolling it until it was very very thin.
Then I imprinted a flower shape and started to contour the flower with the bi-color log.
Using a toothpick I have textured the line.
Then I thought there was not enough contrast between the colors and repeated the technique in order to make a log with contrasting colors.
Then I have folded in two.
And rolled it into a log again.
I started to cut slices and put them on the petals.
Then I would press them down with the toothpick in a continuous move from the base of the petal to the top of the petal (sometimes going over the line made with the pink clay).
In case I would have white gaps, I would add some more pink clay and run the toothpick over it to make the same pattern.
I would decorate the middle of the flower adding some polymer clay (in a contrasting colors) and texturing it making little holes with the pointed part of the toothpick.
For the next flowers, I considered that I could make the flower without contouring the petals first and the result was fine.
For one bead I added an extra layer of smaller petals.
I have decorated one bead with oval beads pressed in the middle.
The beads looked like this before putting them into the oven.
Then I decided to add some alcohol inks. I have painted around the flower (and the outside margins) with blue alcohol ink.
I have added a little bit of red alcohol ink (on the petals).
Then I considered that the blue petals and the blue background were not a good combination and added some yellow Pinata alcohol ink and turned it into green.
That’s all for today. Thank you for being there for me! Have a wonderful day! Mihaela