Like any journey, my journey has ups and downs. There are days when I feel very creative, the ideas just flow and days when, as hard as I might try, the result is not satisfying. I have learned that you cannot control creativity. Trying to control it makes things more difficult (at least for me). So all I have to do is to wait for the next moment when I am inspired to create and I feel from the beginning that from all the ideas I might have, one particular idea is the one I was looking for.
Materials and tools used for this project: white Fimo Professional Polymer Clay, a toothpick, a carving tool, a screw, Pinata alcohol inks, triple thick glossy varnish, Marabu Relief Paste for glass, an aluminium can.
I have conditioned the clay, made a large ball, flattened it a little and put it through the pasta machine through the thickest setting.
I have put the polymer clay sheet on an aluminum can. I have overlapped one part over the other part.
The cuff is wider in front and narrower in the back.
I textured the margins. First using a carving tool (to press the polymer clay inside) and then with a toothpick.
I imprinted flower patterns.
I modeled the edges to be more wavy.
Using a screw, I textured a little bit the area around the flowers.
I pressed the cuff and the aluminium can to have a more irregular shape.
I started adding nail art silver leaf (I did not cover the entire cuff, just parts of it).
Then I put it in the oven according to the polymer clay manufacturer specifications.
Using the Marabu relief paste for glass, I made a 3D contour of the flowers. I let it dry for an hour.
I started coloring the flowers with yellow Pinata alcohol ink (diluted with rubbing alcohol).
I added some red Pinata alcohol ink on the yellow alcohol ink for an orange look.
I colored the area around the flowers with Olive Green Pinata Alcohol ink (two subsequent applications).
I colored the interior of the cuff with Olive Green Pinata Alcohol ink.
I added some more yellow Pinata Alcohol ink over the two layers of Olive Green Pinata Alcohol ink.
I varnished it with Triple Thick Glossy Varnish.
Now that my journey is approaching the end (no more than 7 more tutorials), it looks that it is getting more difficult. I have less interesting ideas than I had when I started out (maybe because I am a little bit tired), but I am still motivated to keep going and post my 31st tutorial as soon as possible.
Thank you for being there for me!