With all the leaves I see around me and adding also those that my son is painting or gluing on colored papers, I finally fallen under their charm. This inspiration went well with the month’s Artbeadscene challenge, which is the following:
4. I prepared the pastel chalks (shaving them with the rigid blade).
I started to color the leaves.
Using liquid Fimo, I placed them (superposing each other) on top of the bracelet frame. I decided I wanted to have only one side covered with leaves because I liked the pattern on the bracelet also.
I used the other side of the bracelet to cut the interior part of the bracelet ( I colored with chalks a sheet of polymer clay, applied it on the uncovered part of the bracelet and I cut with the craft knife along the sides of the bracelet). I removed it and applied it on the back of the covered side and I pressed well to bond the three pieces part together: the leaves (with liquid Fimo on them), the gold frame and the inside colored layer.
I textured a little bit the interior part.
5. I baked it according to the polymer clay manufacturer’s specifications).
6. Time to add some more color. I started to add yellow and red alcohol inks.
7. I applied a layer of gold acrylic paint and then wiped it off with baby wipes.
I added a little bit of brown (I mixed brown chalk pastel with Fimo varnish).
8. I started to add more glitter. I painted the sides of the leaves and the sides of the bracelet with a mixture of Fimo gold metallic powder and Fimo varnish.
9. I applied varnish.
10. I decided to embellish it and thus to attach two red crystal rondelle beads in the front of the bracelet.
For the earrings.
I used leaves made with the same technique. I folded a little bit the leaf and attached three leaves to each other (like an origami Chinese lantern).
I colored them with pastel chalks.
I put them in the oven.
I added more color with alcohol inks.
I covered the bead with gold acrylic paint and then wiped it out.
I painted the margins with Fimo gold metallic powder mixed with Fimo varnish and then I added the earrings findings (and a golden metallic bead).
I varnished them.
That’s all! I wish you a wonderful and creative day!
My best to you!