Hello dear friends!
First of all I wanted to wish you a beautiful and creative year in 2019!
It’s the start of a new year and we all have hopes, resolutions and expectations for this new year and I really hope we’ve learned from past lessons and that we’ll do better this year. In line with this idea of the chance to start anew, I want to challenge you to use your scrap clay and make room for the new.
Click to watch the tutorial and get inspired!
Tools and materials that I used in this tutorial:
- scrap clay
- a texture sheet (I used a Makin’s Clay texture sheet)
- a hummingbird template (free for personal and commercial use) that you can download from LearnPolymerClay.com
- PearlEx mica powders (I used Sapphire Blue and Spring Green) and a brush
- a craft knife
- a dotting tools or the back of a paintbrush
- glass seed beads, bicone beads and a crystal rivoli
- Fimo liquid
- 24 gauge gold color craft wire
- flush cutters
- Cernit glossy varnish
- Super Glue
- Etch’n’Pearl tool
- a brooch component
- roller and/or pasta machine
- an oven and an oven thermometer (recommended)
I hope you’ll like this challenge and I also hope I’ve inspired you to make a better use of your scrap clay and declutter your art studio.
My best wishes for this New Year!